This Weekend in Cville: May 3-5, 2019
A new month and a whole new set of fun things to do in Charlottesville this weekend. We’ve got the perfect place for you to Stay, so that you can come join us for these awesome activities:
Friday, May 3:
- Noon on Friday is the new ‘start of the weekend.’ Start yours with the 3rd Annual Taste of Monticello Rosé Lunch at Barboursville Vineyards, noon-2p. Tickets are $45 and include your meal and 5 different types of rosé wines.
- Golfers of all skill levels can head over to Meadowcreek Golf Course for their Fridays at Five Scramble: 5pm, $25 per player includes golf, cart, beverage and light fare.
- Rather be indoors? Head over to McGuffey Art Center for First Friday! featuring contemporary encaustic works, 5:30p.
- DJ Chris Collins is Gonna Make You Sweat at the 90s Dance Party at Random Row Brewery starting at 9pm. Don’t forget to dress the part.
Saturday, May 4:
- For family-friendly fun, take the kiddos to the Front Porch’s Spring Block Party, noon-8pm, on 3rd Street in downtown Cville. Music, a kids’ zone, raffles, and more.
- The Taste of Monticello Wine Trail Grand Tasting Event is at Sprint Pavilion, 1:30p-5:30p, featuring over 25 local wineries and music. Tickets are $35 up until the event, $40 at the gate.
- Help out our furry friends at the 1st ever PUP CRAWL to benefit Dogs Deserve Better Blue Ridge, 3p-6p, starting at Brazos Tacos. Shirts for the crawl are $25, and all proceeds benefit DDBBR.
- The Kentucky Derby is this Saturday. Hard to believe it’s that time already. Head to Pro Re Nata to watch the race and then stick around for the after Derby party with live music. The race is at 6:50pm, so you probably want to get there a bit earlier.
- May the 4th be with you at IX Art Park where the are celebration Sci-Fi music (think lots of great bands with unique and cool vibes), 7pm.
Sunday, May 5:
- Pints and Poses Beer Yoga at Random Row Brewery to start off your Cinco de Mayo. Namaste.
- Help out a great cause, the MS Society, at the MS Walk starting at University Hall. Check-in is at 1pm, and the walk begins at 2pm.
- More Cinco fun is happening at Lampo starting at 6pm with their Lampo Loco Dance Party.
- Look back on your amazing first weekend of May and get ready for Monday.
Enjoy your weekend! And as always, we welcome you to Stay with us. StayCharlottesville.com.