The weather is warming up in Charlottesville, and everyone is ready to get out and about. It’s a great weekend to do so, as there are a ton of events going on. There’s lots to choose from, but never fear. We have helped to narrow it down with our picks for the weekend:
Friday, April 12:
- Start your weekend at the Founder’s Day and Jefferson’s Birthday Celebration at Monticello, 9:45am-11am. It’s free and fun for the entire family.
- Fridays After Five kicks off this weekend at the Sprint Pavilion with Red & The Romantics, 5:30pm. Fridays After Five happens each Friday until mid-September and is a must-do if you are visiting the area.
- One of the biggest events this week in Cville is the Tom Tom Festival with lots of music, art, and innovation. Our favorite event during the festival is the Silent Disco happening at The Jefferson Theater starting at 10pm.
Saturday, April 13:
- Get some exercise and help out a great cause at the Run for Autism 5K at Charlottesville High School. The kids’ race starts at 7:30am, and the 5K starts at 8am.
- Take the kids to an early Easter egg hunt, also at Charlottesville High School, starting at 10am. Bring a basket! Participants must be 12 years or younger.
- Another fun Tom Tom event is the First Street Fashion Show. Watch as models take over First Street showcasing local styles from Downtown shops. The show will begin at 11AM,
- Cheer on the NCAA Men’s Basketball champions, the Virginia Cavaliers, at John Paul Jones Arena, 2pm.
- Support the International School of Charlottesville at their Spring Gala: Carnaval! Music, food, beverages, a raffle, and silent auction. 7pm-10pm at the Music Resource Center.
Sunday, April 14:
- Enjoy a Blues Brunch at Miller’s downtown with Anthony Rosano & The Conqueroos, 11am
- Adults and kids can participate in the 3rd Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Castle Hill Cider, noon – 4pm
- Monster Trucks at JPJ. No need to say more. 3pm
Enjoy your weekend!